§ 1 General
(1) This Data Protection Declaration applies to the presentation of Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Boschstraße 12, 69469 Weinheim, which can be accessed under the Internet address (URL) www.git-security.com.
(2) Here, we wish to provide you with information regarding the type, extent and purpose of the recording of personal information on these web pages. The following regulations only relate to the presentation stated in Paragraph 1. If you are transferred from our pages to other pages via links, please refer to these to obtain information there regarding the handling of your data.
(3) Your personal data will only be used according to the regulations of German data protection law. Your personal details will not be passed on to third parties which are not involved in the processing of the contract unless you give your explicit consent or there is a legal reason for doing so.
§ 2 Basic data
(1) If you register on our website, we record the following details (basic data) about you:
(2) The recorded basic data will in particular be used for the processing of the contract, i.e. for the justification, production of content or amendments to the contractual relationship. For example, for the delivery of a magazine, we need to pass on your name and address to the supplier. § 4 applies for use for advertising purposes and the transfer of data to third parties.
(3) On order by the responsible authorities, in individual cases we may provide information with regard to basic data, if this is necessary for the purpose of criminal prosecution, the prevention of danger by the police authorities of the federal states, the fulfilment of the statutory duties of the central and federal state internal security agencies, the Federal intelligence agency or the military intelligence agency, or for the enforcement of intellectual property rights.
§ 3 Usage data
(1) In addition, we also record personal data, which is necessary to enable and invoice the use of our offers (usage data). In particular, these are characteristics for your identification, such as your access data and IP address, details of the start and finish of use and the extent of the relevant use of our services and details of the offers which you use.
(2) In the context of registration on our web sites, you must specify a user name and a password. You then receive this access data, together with an activation link, which is sent to the e-mail address which you stated in your registration. After verification of your registration by clicking on the activation link, you can log on to our web site with your access data. The access data is used to enable you to access our extended services and offers.
(3) The details of the services which you use will be stored in your user account.
(4) We also use usage data for advertising purposes, for market research or for the creation of usage profiles in order to tailor our offers to demand, whereby this data is previously anonymised. You are entitled to refuse the use of your usage data in this manner. A combination of such anonymised usage profiles with the basic data of a user is prohibited by law and is therefore not carried out.
(5) For technical reasons we also record the following data which is communicated to us by your browser:
This data is stored separately from your personal details and therefore does not allow any conclusions about you. The data is evaluated for statistical purposes, in order to optimise our Internet presentation and our offers. This data is deleted after evaluation.
(6) On order by the responsible authorities, in individual cases we may provide information with regard to usage data, if this is necessary for the purpose of criminal prosecution, the prevention of danger by the police authorities of the federal states, the fulfilment of the statutory duties of the central and federal state internal security agencies, the Federal intelligence agency or the military intelligence agency, or for the enforcement of intellectual property rights.
§ 4 Use of data for advertising purposes and transfer to third parties
(1) The basic data recorded in the context of www.git-security.com may be used for advertising purposes. If you tick the box to order our e-mail Newsletter when you register, we will also send you our e-mail Newsletter at regular intervals. You may refuse this use for advertising at any time with effect for the future by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or by calling Tel.: +49 (0) 62 01 - 60 60.
(2) The basic and usage data recorded in the context of www.git-security.com may also be communicated to third parties, e.g. cooperation and advertising partners, by Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA for advertising purposes (telephone marketing, e-mail advertising and written advertising). This transfer to third parties is regulated with a separate "Consent for the further use of data", which you consent to together with this Data Protection Declaration, by placing a tick in front of the following sentence on registration: "Yes, I consent to the Data Protection Regulations and the further use of my data."
§ 5 Information about cookies
Our web sites use so-called cookies to determine the multiple use of an offer by the same user. Cookies are small text files which your Internet browser saves on your computer. These are both so-called "Session Cookies", which are deleted immediately after the end of your visit, as well as permanent cookies which remain saved on your computer. Cookies are evaluated for statistical purposes, in order to optimise our Internet presentation and our offers. This evaluation is carried out with strict separation from any personal data which you have provided, and does not allow any conclusions about an individual person.
§ 6 Google Analytics
(1) This web site uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called "Cookies", text files which are saved on your computer in order to analyse your use of the web site.
(2) The information generated by the cookie regarding your use of the website (including your IP address) is communicated to a Google server in the USA and saved there. Google uses this information to evaluate your use of the website and to compile reports about website activities for the operators of the website and to provide other services associated with the use of the website and the Internet.
(3) Google may also communicate this information to third parties if this is prescribed by law, or insofar as third parties are commissioned by Google to process this data. Under no circumstances will Google combine your IP address with other Google data. You can prevent the installation of cookies by setting your browser accordingly. However, we must point out that in this case you may not be able to use all of the functions of this website to their full extent.
(4) By the use of this website you consent to the processing of the data recorded about you by Google in the manner and for the purpose described above. You can find further details under http://www.google.com/intl/en/privacy.html.
(5) The data collection and data storage can be be opted out of at any time. In the face of discussions regarding web analytics with full IP-addresses, we like to point out that this website is using Google analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp()". Therefore we are processing only shortened IP-addresses in order to exclude a direct personal reference.
§ 7 Information
On request, we will provide you with information regarding the data regarding your person, or which are stored anonymously. If requested, this information can also be provided by e-mail. To obtain information, please contact:
Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA
Telefon: +49 (0) 62 01 - 60 60
Telefax: +49 (0) 62 01 - 60 63 28
Consent for the extended use of data
Yes, I consent to the processing and use of my basic and user data by Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Boschstraße 12, 69469 Weinheim, Tel.: +49 (0) 62 01 - 60 60 for advertising purposes (telephone marketing, e-mail advertising and written advertising).
In addition, I consent to the processing and use of my basic and user data by third parties for advertising purposes (telephone marketing, e-mail advertising and written advertising). These third parties are stated in the particular offers - e.g. webinars or webcasts - together with their name and address.
These companies my communicate information, offers and advertising material (telephone marketing, e-mail advertising and written advertising) to me. I may withdraw my consent at any time with effect for the future.
I also consent to my basic and usage data being communicated to a technical service provider, which undertakes the technical handling of webinars or webcasts.
The address of the service provider is: The Workcast Corporation. Chase House, 4 Mandarine Road, Rainton Bridge,Durham, DH4 5RA, United Kingdom. Registered in England and Wales. Company Number 06611950.
You may withdraw this "Consent for the extended use of data" at any time with effect for the future by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +49 (0) 62 01 - 60 60.