UK Security Expo: The UK’s flagship event for Security
13.09.2016 - UK Security Expo, supported by HM Government, is the UKs flagship event for a global audience of Transport, Government, Energy, Major Events, Communications, Finance, Utilities and...
UK Security Expo, supported by HM Government, is the UK’s flagship event for a global audience of Transport, Government, Energy, Major Events, Communications, Finance, Utilities and Private Sector security.
The UK is recognised globally as a centre-of-excellence for security and London Olympia, with its close proximity to UK Government, is a perfect venue for over 8,000 high-end international visitors this November 30 – 1 December.
Fresh and unique to UK Security Expo is its format of Design, Secure and Respond making it an end-to-end security showcase. Through a series of conferences and demonstrations, UK Security Expo will attract Consultants, Engineers and Architects who Design in security as well as the Directors, Heads of Security and Managers who purchase technologies to Secure and the Emergency Services who Respond to an attack.
Further details can be found on the website www.uksecurityexpo.com, however please see some event highlights below.
- 8000+ Visitors – including senior decision makers from the public and private sector
- 200+ Exhibitors – showcasing the latest security products and solutions
- International Delegations - over 30 Country Delegations, bringing over £1bn of spending power, hosted and escorted around the exhibition floor
- 6 Global Free to Attend conferences - including Transport Security, Designing Out Terrorism, Global Counter Terrorism, Central National Infrastructure, Major Events & Protecting Crowded Places
- Live Response and Technology Demonstrations - valuable insight into what technologies are available to help keep your operation safe and secure
- Workshops – covering Counter Terrorism for Facilities Managers and The Principles of Crisis Management
- Advisory Board Chaired by former Security Minister Lord West – plus leading UK stakeholders and global expert members from across all sector verticals
- Co-located with Transport Security Expo – 14 year history bringing a wealth of credibility, sector knowledge & support
NEW for 2016: Home Office Securing Crowded Places Immersive Demonstrator
Protecting spaces that are normally crowded with people (transport hubs, shopping malls, sports stadia, etc.) from terrorist threats is perhaps one of society’s greatest security challenges. High assurance approaches such as individual screening at the boundary are often impossible given the volumes of people and the time, space and cost involved. However, innovative modern technology; the application of good design; and the imaginative use of human resource can all combine to improve the security of a crowded place with minimum interference to people’s lives and activities. The immersive ‘Securing Crowded Places Demonstrator’ (SCPD) at UK Security Expo provides an environment in which to explore these issues. The aim is to show how a combination of technology, processes and techniques can be applied imaginatively in a variety of operational scenarios to improve protection from terrorist attack.
The SCPD consists of three linked zones set in and close to the entrance to the Olympia site:
- Screen Zone. This is set in the entrance area to Olympia National and is focused on identifying threats at the boundary. The aim is to move away from intensive individual screening designed to identify small threat items, to ones which can deliver a reasonable level of assurance that in high volumes of people, no one is carrying a major threat item (e.g., a machine gun or suicide vest). The emphasis will be on the ability to identify threats remotely with the minimum of interference (e.g., without the need to divest clothing, etc.) and to cope with high volumes of throughput.
- Track Zone. This is located to the immediate left of the exhibition space and has data links to the other zones. The focus here is on identifying and maintaining coverage of suspicious activity irrespective of the density of people involved. Large monitors in the left-hand part of this area show live video and data feeds from technologies deployed in the Screen Zone. The right-hand side is configured as a control room supporting a typical crowded place. A video wall projecting images and data feeds from other zones provides situational awareness and the basis for command and control of security incidents. From this control room, visitors can watch the resolution of a security incident that takes place in the Response Zone.
- Response Zone. This is configured to illustrate the deployment and co-ordination of technical and human resources in response to a security incident. The zone is split, with half illustrating a sports environment and half a transport environment. From here, regular presentations will be given illustrating a typical security incident and its resolution. This will involve the use of remote sensors to capture data and robotic vehicles to inspect suspicious items, etc. Video and data feeds from this area will be fed into the Track Zone display screens to provide the widest possible view of action for visitors.
Visitors to the SCPD will have the option of passing through the Screen Zone themselves (e.g., as they enter Olympia) and then loitering at each of the zones, where experts from industry and government will be on hand to discuss the wide range of issues that arise in this challenging area.
Register a visitor pass and get access to all onsite programmes at UK Security Expo completely free of charge.
Register now at www.uksecurityexpo.com/registerfree