Axis Communications: A Strong Year
Axis presented Year-End report 2010
Ray Mauritsson, Axis Communication's CEO, and Fredrik Sjöstrand, CFO, today presented the year-end report for Axis in 2010. They reported a strong close of the year with net sales of SEK 2,933 million (about EURO 330 million) in 2010 compared to SEK 2,301 million in 2009. The high demand for Axis products on all markets, a good inventory position and high availability of Axis' network video products contributed to the strong close.
Growth amounted to 40 percent in local currencies during the fourth quarter. Axis estimates that its growth was faster than the market. The company has thus strengthened its position as the market-leading supplier of network video products. There has been considerable interest in all regions for installations of surveillance equipment within retail, city surveillance and the transport sector.
Axis strengthened its patent portfolio after the end of the period through acquisition of about twenty patents relating to network cameras.
During the year Axis continued its global expansion and the company had 914 employees (774) at year-end."
- Net sales during the year amounted to SEK 2,933 M (2,301), and sales amounted to SEK 875 M (659) for the fourth quarter.
- Operating profit for the year totaled SEK 415 M (308), and operating profit totaled SEK 125 M (121) during the fourth quarter.
- Profit before tax for the year amounted to SEK 413 M (307), and profit before tax amounted to SEK 125 M (120) for the fourth quarter.
- Profit after tax during the year totaled SEK 300 M (218), and profit after tax totaled SEK 90 M (85) during the fourth quarter.
- Earnings per share for the year amounted to SEK 4.32 (3.14).
The board of directors proposes a dividend of SEK 4.50 of which SEK 3.00 represents an extra dividend (SEK 4.00 of which SEK 2.75 extra dividend).