Idis Super fisheye 5MP IR compact camera
Idis has launched the DirectIP Super Fisheye 5MP Compact camera (DC-Y6513RX), further extending its popular Super Fisheye range. Idis fisheye cameras are some of Idis’s best-selling models thanks to their exceptional, dual-side de-warping and Smart UX Controls, allowing for smooth and intuitive panning, tracking, and zooming with award-winning ease and accuracy.
The introduction of the DC-Y6513RX reflects Idis’s continued commitment to market-responsive innovation and meets installer and end-user requests for a more compact 360° camera that can capture high-definition images in all lighting conditions without blind spots. It also lets customers to benefit from heat mapping without the hassle and cost of additional appliances or analytics software.
A broad, high-specification camera, in a compact form, the new Super Fisheye 5MP builds on the success of earlier Idis’s Super Fisheye cameras, including the award-winning 12MP DC-Y3C14WRX. It meets industry demands for clear and accurate image capture, long-term performance and reliability, exceptional de-warping, and a low total cost of ownership.
“The new Super Fisheye 5MP Compact is a great new choice for wide area surveillance and is already contributing to successful project wins for our integration partners in retail applications, eating-out sectors, education, healthcare and other environments where customers benefit from cost-effective and simple to use analytics.
“Its high performance 360° capability means it can replace multiple fixed-lens cameras and provide complete and clear image capture in a variety of lighting conditions. For our integrator partners, Idis’s value proposition, fast and seamless installations and performance guarantees have the potential to increase margins, while end-users benefit from savings in terms of lower upfront equipment and installation costs, with reduced maintenance expense and video storage burden,” said James Min, Managing Director, Idis Europe.
The Idis 5MP IR Compact Fisheye features include:
- Idis Smart UX Controls for very high accuracy and ease-of-use, with intuitive “rubber-band” style control to deliver a new level of operator experience.
- Super smooth de-warping on the camera as well as on desktop applications and mobile devices for added convenience and out-of-hours monitoring.
- Quick Controls allowing operators to use the CTRL button with a combination of left, right, and wheel mouse clicks for easier and faster investigations.
- Full protection against video loss thanks to built-in Idis Smart Failover guaranteeing continued recording in the event of network instability, overload or failure.
- Idis Intelligent Codec that delivers H.264/H.265 dual codec performance and significant bandwidth and storage savings, while eliminating the need to upgrade hardware.
- Quick and simple installation with DirectIP NVRs and true plug-and-play functionality.
- Reduced potential for cybersecurity loopholes with one-click configuration eliminating the need to manage individual passwords for multiple devices.
- Heat-mapping to more easily identify hot-spots, dead zones and bottlenecks in retail and eating-out sectors.
- Intelligent video and event trigger functions including motion detection, active tampering and trip zones.
“The Idis Super Fisheye 5MP Compact camera also scores highly on essential features including, built-in LEDs for IR operation in full darkness (up to 15m); 8 zone privacy masking; true wide dynamic range; ONVIF support; built-in speakers and microphone allowing 2-way communications; industry-leading 5-year free warranty. All these factors come together to deliver a lower cost of ownership to our customers,” continued James Min.
Idis offers an end-to-end, single sourced video offering that delivers unrivalled plug-and-play simplicity, combined with highest-quality performance, compatibility, and a low total cost of ownership and features industry-leading warranties.
IDIS will be demonstrating its Super Fisheye range and Total Solution line up12 at IFSEC International on 18-20 June at ExCeL, London, UK.