PureActiv expands video analytics capabilities while improving map-based user interaction
The release of version 14.2 of the PureActiv geospatial video management and video analytics software was announced today and includes a series of features focused on user map inte...
The release of version 14.2 of the PureActiv geospatial video management and video analytics software was announced today and includes a series of features focused on user map interaction, system deployment and reliability. The release of the new capabilities come just 10 months after the release of version 14.0, aided by PureTech Systems’ rapid software development process based on agile methods.
Key features of the PureActiv 14.2 release include:
- Support of KML map import – A key feature of the PureActiv command and control is the map-based user interface. In response to customer requests, the latest release allows the end user to import custom KML files. KML files (Keyhole Markup Language file) use XML to express geographic annotations and visualization by storing locations, and modeling information like lines, shapes, and points. Importing these custom features provide the end user with a higher level of situational awareness and create the ability to better reflect specific areas of interest or features of their sites.
- Creation of Map-Based Ignore Zones Direct from Client – Although map-based detection zones have been a feature of PureActiv for a while, the ability to quickly add zones was not achievable through the workstation client. PureActiv 14.2 provides for this quick means to temporarily disable alarms for a specified area to accommodate expected activity such as dock loading/unloading, construction work, and/or maintenance activities.
- Virtualized Server Architecture – Customers can now opt for a virtualized PureActiv installation, utilizing a virtual server architecture and gaining the added benefits of less hardware, greater disaster recovery, along with faster provisioning and deployment.
- Enhanced Server Fail-Over – Many security installations carry with them very stringent up time requirements. The enhanced server failover feature has been added to the release to address these high criticality deployments.
- Continued Integrations – In addition to the enhancements mentioned above, PureActiv 14.2 also includes a long list of other feature improvements, bugs fixes and 3rd party sensor integrations.