IF SECurity is calling
Security Experts Meet at ExCeL London
IFSEC International once again opens their doors to over 27,000 security professionals in 2016. From 21st to 23rd of June over 600 exhibitors can showcase their products at London ExCeL.
What can we expect?
IFSEC International covers every aspect of security. Each area will consist of dedicated exhibitors keen to show their latest products and present solutions to business needs. This year the key focus areas at IFSEC will consist of seven main show areas:
- Smart Buildings & Home Automation: There will be a dedicated feature right in the heart of the show floor focusing on smart security. The Smar Zone will give you an in-depth interactive experience of Home Automation as well as provide development sessions on Smart Buildings.
- Video Surveillance: Covering all aspects of video surveillance, this product area will feature the very latest products and services, including video surveillance, central control rooms and the innovations with high definition technology.
- IT & Cyber Security: Threats from cyber and IT crime are increasingly important for businesses. When companies, governments and individuals rely on the internet for their day-to-day business, it’s vital to protect your business and its assets. Find everything you need to know about IT and Cyber Security at IFSEC International.
- Intruder Alarms: You will find the leading manufacturers and distributors of the best product solutions for detecting any potential threats and ensuring that your business is protected. Products on display will include wireless alarm systems, control panels, shock sensors, home automation systems, digital video motion detectors and many more!
- Integrated Security: At IFSEC you’ll see how systems are integrated so that each product doesn’t work in isolation. This purpose built area will provide you with access to providers whose job it is to ensure that each area of security is integrated and managed effectively.
- Physical & Perimeter Protection: The Physical & Perimeter Protection area allows you to see a range of products such as perimeter protection, locking systems, safes and more.
With increased security threats from terrorism, the need to protect your business from external threats has never been greater.
- Access Control: Securing assets is a major focus for international businesses with collaborative efforts between security and IT managers to protect both buildings and the equipment within them. Key to this is access control. Driven by rising concerns over public and private sector safety, the access control market is set to be worth a substantial $8.6 billion by 2018.
Inspirational Speaker Series
Also returning for a second year is the Inspirational Speaker Series. Speakers for the 2016 inspirational speaker series have recently been confirmed and organizers are delighted to announce that Colonel Tim Collins OBE, Kate Adie OBE and James Cracknell OBE will each bring their own unique insights and personal experiences to the shows.
New at IFSEC
IFSEC also expanded for some new areas in 2016. The Home Automation Zone will focus on the ever-growing Home Automation market. To demonstrate the capabilities of smart security technology, IFSEC is building a smart home right at the center of the show.
It also has been confirmed that the Physical Perimeter Security Zone will be greatly enhanced for the 2016 edition. The new Physical Perimeter Security Zone will now offer much more space to specialist manufacturers to fully display and demonstrate their products with all aspects of the sector covered. Another first at IFSEC will be the ARC Village. IFSEC brings three key Alarm Receiving Centres onsite, in the heart of the Installer Zone: Southern & Northern Monitoring Services, Kings Security and emcs Independent. This is the chance to speak directly to all ARCs, improve your response processes and better serve your customers. Also new: The Drone Zone. For the first time , IFSEC International has created a dedicated space giving visitors the chance to see the application of drones in the video surveillance market. The leading application for Drones are for security purposes, this includes surveillance, border control and safety within cities or commercial buildings.
Seminars and workshops, part of the Professional Development Zone, is a dedicated area at IFSEC to develop skills and take your career in security to the next level. The seminars and workshops are completely free and designed to ensure speakers, content and expertise that really are needed.
Seminars and workshops, part of the Professional Development Zone, is a dedicated area at IFSEC giving you everything you need to develop your skills and take your career in security to the next level. The seminars and workshops are completely free and designed to ensure Ifsec has the speakers, content and expertise that you really need.
IFSEC will have five theatres:
Located at stand B1350
Take part of the new IFSEC Smart Zone, learn about the latest trends and innovations in smart buildings and home automation. Located at stand B1200.
The program of each you can find with a click on it.
Door & Hardware Federation Pavilion
The Door & Hardware Federation (DHF) is thrilled to be part of the inaugural Physical & Perimeter Pro-tection area of IFSEC 2016. The DHF is well established within the Powered Gate Industry and formed the Powered Gate Group in 2010 after demand for gate safety awareness was requested by its members. The DHF continues to grow from strength to strength and offers the Powered Gate Safety Diploma training, site visits, as well as advice and guidance on legislation and compliance.
The DHF is hosting a meet and greet lounge area on stand C1810 where they will be available to answer your questions about membership. Nick Perkins DHF training officer will be on hand on Wednesday 22nd June when he will be delivering a presentation entitled Powered Gate & Barrier Responsibilities for Installers and Maintainers in the Trade Theatre at 15:40hrs.
LPCB Red Book Fire Pavilion
In the LPCB Red Book Live Pavilion, you can access free information on products and services that have been certified by a highly reputable certification provider. BRE Global Ltd, based near London, is an independent third party organization offering certification of security, fire and sustainability products and services to the international market. LPCB is the certification brand used for security and fire products and services. The LPCB mark is accepted worldwide and the LPCB now has representative offices in China, India and Malaysia. The LPCB is now owned by the BRE Trust, a charitable foundation and not-for-profit organization. LPCB listings can be accessed, free of charge, at www.redbooklive.com or via apps from Apple, Google and Windows. Whether you look after the security of an organisation or work in the security and fire safety industry, this is a must-visit area at IFSEC International, located at stand D1900.
Women in Security
This year, there will be different panels and workshops around the topic Women in Security. Following workshops and session will be held:
ASIS International Women in Security: This workshop, run by the ASIS UK Chapter, is your chance to meet like-minded security professionals in a relaxed environment, discuss the challenges you face – and find solutions to them. Presentations and discussions with leading security professionals will cover career development, education, certification and networking.
Women in Security Discussion Panel: Dr Alison Wakefield and former Security Institute chairperson Emma Shaw are set to speak about their success as women in the security industry at IFSEC in June. They will form part of a panel discussing ‘Inspirational Women in Security’ and share their views on: How they achieved success in their careers, the challenges faced and how they overcame them and advice for other women in the security industry or those with aspirations to start a career in the sector.
SHE1000: SHE1000 is a celebration of women working in the management and protection of buildings and people. 1000 successful females will join at this exclusive session on the 23rd of June for a presentation from networking expert Heather White, followed by prosecco and cupcakes.
Also at ExCeL
IFSEC & FIREX International will be presented as part of UBM EMEA’s Protection & Management Series, the UK’s largest event dedicated to protecting and managing property, people and information. The series incorporates major events including IFSEC International along with FIREX International, Facilities Show, Safety & Health Expo and Service Management Expo. The series of events annually attract more than 40,000 attendees over three days.