Off the Record with James Kelly
The CEO of The British Security Industry Association (BSIA)
Get to know inspirational characters of the Security Industry in GIT SECURITY's series.
Name: James Kelly
Position, Company: CEO, BSIA Ltd
Date of Birth: 19th June 1961
Hometown: Weston, Hitchin, Herts
Favourite homemade dish: Paella
1. Right now: I am just glad to be on Planet Earth, and British!
2. When I’m stressed I: drink more tea and eat more biscuits!
3. I can never resist: a bookshop.
4. The natural talent I would like to be gifted with is: singing like Frank Sinatra.
5. Guaranteed to make me laugh is: Will Ferrell or Romesh Ranganathan
6. Three characters I would like to have dinner with (dead or alive, fictional or non-fictional) are:
- I) John F Kennedy (for his calm under pressure in Cuban Missile crisis)
- II) Boris Johnson (for his wordsmithery)
- III) Any brave conservationist risking their life to thwart loser ivory poachers
7. Three things that I am most grateful for in life are: health, resilience, and a sense of fairness.
8. The best decision in my career so far is: to have started with a Law degree.
9. The best compliment anyone has ever given to me is: that I’m ‘resourceful’.
10. The language I would most like to speak is: Spanish and I pretend to know how to speak French & German.
11. The biggest challenge for me at the moment is: being busy when my wife invites me to the next dog show!
12. When I have done something forbidden I: high-five myself, except when caught!
13. The last thing/gadget I bought was: a portable air conditioner (love the heat though!).
14. If I was trapped in a shopping mall/museum/skyscraper for one night: I would enjoy the peace and quiet!
15. I would like to have the superhero superpower of: Ant Man.
I had the opportunity to shake hands with: Rudy Giuliani in New York when he was Mayor (loved his ‘broken windows’ theory – we need more of that in UK!)