Security Essen Preview
The biannual event Security Essen is well-known for its importance in the security industry. Fire prevention combined with other security topics are all to be found under the roof of Security Essen as they once again open their gates from September 27 to 30.
In numbers that means: 1,045 exhibitors from about 40 nations welcome 40,000 visitors from 110 countries.
Security Essen once again presents thematic areas of the exhibition as six cornerstones:
- Fire Prevention: One of the top themes of the exhibition is fire prevention. 2016 it will be even bigger: predominantly in the area of constructional fire prevention. There will also be a larger focus on live demonstrations. In addition closer collaborations with fire prevention associations and guided tours are planned. The whole topic will be displayed in Hall 1, 3.
- IT Security: The Internet of Things and Industry 4.0 with increasing networking and the exchange of large amounts of data, security requirements are also increasing. Always at the cutting edge Security Essen provides a stage for new security solutions from the IT industry. Current issues like economic security and critical infrastructure protection find their place at security Essen. Find it in Hall 7.
- Mechanical security systems: Within the framework of complex system solutions this core sector moves with times in terms of market developments. In 2016 a strong focus on integrated solutions for anti-burglar protection will be placed and can be found in Hall 5, 10, 11 and 12.
- Electronic security systems: Video surveillance based on “behavioral recognition systems” is the subject of enormous interest for the political and economic sphere. There is a large market potential for intelligent cameras. In addition data protection is becoming more and more important. Go see it in Hall 2,7,8 and the Galeria.
- Services: Security Essen provides information regarding current, critical topics such as global travel security. The associations BDGW and BDSW will be returning in 2016 with a wide range of events right from the outset including a session with a committee of technical experts, presentation of the ‘safety chain’ and demonstration of the ‘cash cycle’.
All can be found in Hall 6.
- Perimeter security: An ever-greater focus is being placed on active and passive perimeter security. This involves the protection of companies and high security areas such as embassies airports. Topics concerning perimeter security will be located in Hall 3,4.
Must See’s and Go To’s at Security Essen
Exhibitor Forum in Hall 7: Many exhibitors will present, demo and discuss important topics. Further information about speakers and timetable will follow soon.
Young innovative ventures Hall 5: Don’t miss the best startups' joint booths, which are sponsored by the Ministry of Economy and Energy.
Security Research Area in Hall 5: Companies and Institutes show their newest projects in research and development.
Special show for Safety, Security and Service Hall 6: After the great success of recent years, the industry get-together of mid-sized companies will be much bigger this year. All notable security service providers will show their faces again.
Topic of Global Travel Security Hall 6/Transition Hall 8: How do you evaluate risks and protect your employees in foreign countries? You can find the answers here.
Security Forum: Security Forum 2014 showed a nonstop program with over 90 expert presentations - for beginners and experts equally. Federations, manufacturers and practitioners show a short introduction into the field of security. Speakers discuss classical topics as well as electronic and mechanical security technology, fire prevention, services, CCTV, IT-security and access control. The full program will be available soon.
Check the Dates
27.09.2016: Day of Apprenticeship and In-Service Training
On the first exhibition day, students, lateral entrants and pupils can catch up on apprenticeships and career prospects in the security industry. In the past years, several hundred students took the opportunity to get in contact with security experts.
28.09.2016: Expert Congress Networked Security / Industry 4.0
It’s a first for the Security Essen to have a congress about networked security:
- Experts speak about Industry 4.0, increasing networking and growing demands for security
- Professionals from the Fraunhofer Institute for Applied and Integrated Security as well as from Berliner Institute of Computer Science show scenarios for possible digital attacks and do a risk assessment
- Practical oriented examples concerning Industry 4.0 and networked security round off the program
- On top of that, a forum is held right next to the IT-exhibitors. Compact presentations give information to visitors about security solutions.
CCwest: Another premiere: Experts and scientists inform you about Industry 4.0 and show practical examples.
29.09.2016: Day of Fire Prevention
Outdoor area: experience spectacular live demonstrations and thrilling presentations and discussions on the out-door areas.
You can find a detailed floor plan of the exhibition here.